Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Writing Partner/Blogger/Friend and Fellow Nerd is Published!!!

She's been published!

Yes, that's right, one of my writing partners can be found on the bookshelf.

Stephanie M. Loree over at Scribbler to Scribe has a short story The Skin Script, in the anthology: AN HONEST LIE vol 3: Justifiable Hypocrisy out from Open Heart Publishing.

I've read every draft of the story and you should all be very, very jealous because it is totally great. The world, the voice, the betrayal, Jules...sigh.

I keep telling her Jules needs a bigger story, that it shouldn't end with The Skin Script, and I think I'm finally getting somewhere with it.

So help me out people!

Read the excerpt. It's just a taste, something to moisten your curiosity, and then go BUY the anthology.


Excerpt from Stephanie's blog:


She smiled. “I’ll try to keep my hands to myself.”

He caught himself grinning as he began. “Talk to me about you. I want to know it all.”

“You already do, limner,” she said, “but I’ll tell you anyway.”

As he filled in her future, she relayed her past. And when the pain ceased, they smiled. Together they whispered deeper truths under florescent lights. Skin against skin.

Twice Jules negated her death. Maybe his too, he couldn’t know.

Years would pass in guile and secret rendezvous. Mistakes that might have led to their discovery, simply erased. No taint of their love allowed on her neck, no exchange of passion interrupted by a curious father.

Her skin consumed him as he worked. The smell of iron and ink. The smooth delicacy of her touch. The flavor of peppermint lip-gloss. The heat. He might illuminate her body, but she carved a channel inside Jules. She liberated him from a prison of plastic walls and cold steel. Worse, she made him laugh.



Happy Reading. Happier Writing.


J

5 comments:

Stephanie Lorée said...

Thanks for the post, Jodi!

DL Hammons said...

YAY for Stephanie! She's on her way now. :)

Elliot Grace said...

...a most excellent achievement! Congrats Stephanie ;)

Funny thing, I already bought An Honest Lie in order to support another Blogger Buddy, Donna Hole, whose work is also in this edition.

How very cool!

El

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

awesome! thanks for stopping by my blog!

Brenda Drake said...

Congrats to Stephanie! Sounds like a great read! <3